The Lake Como area is very green, there are several parks and public gardens. Every small village has its own park where you can walk and breathe fresh air.
Here are some gardens of villas:
- Parco Civico Teresio Olivelli, in Tremezzo.
- Parco di villa Giulini, in Lazzago, Como.
Open to the public by appointment only (contact 031521300)
- Parco di Villa Olmo, in Como
There are also many natural reserves. The main protected natural areas are:
- Parco Spina Verde: offers 13 itineraries. Please visit spinaverde.it for more information
- Parco Pineta: offers 60 km of paths. Please visit parcopineta.org for more information.
- Parco della Valle del Lambro: offers itineraries and events for children. Please visit parcovallelambro.it for more information
- Pian di Spagna: this natural oasis is the perfect opportunity to spend a day in nature, with several itineraries and a small lake. The area is moist and fauna mainly consists of anphibians, reptiles and acquatic birds such as mute swan and the common moorhen. Please visit piandispagna.it for more information
- Oasi del Bassone: natural oasis protected by the WWF. There are ponds, small lakes and rushes, where you can indulge in birdwatching. Please visit www.wwf.it/oasi/lombardia/albate/ for more information.
Unfotunately, websites are only in italian.