Baradello castle is a military fortification located on a hill that overlooks lake Como in the Park of Spina Verde. The fortress is surrounded by walls of the sixth century that were rebuilt with the help of emperor Federico Barbarossa, during the War of the Lombard League, in 1158 to demonstrate his uncontested power as ruler. In 1848, the castle was the main venue of the “Five Days of Milan”. During World War II, Baradello was transformed into a military residence. The castle was restored in 1971.