If you want to discover the Lake Como area you have to see it from above.
For an aerial view of the lake, here are various options:
- By the funicular from Brunate you can admire the whole lake: this hike offers you breathtaking views of Como and Argegno’s basin surrounded by unspoilt nature.
Opening hours: 7 days a week, 6 a.m.-10.30. p.m, Sat. 6 a.m.-12 a.m. Visit www.funicolarecomo.it for more information
- By the funicular from Argegno you can visit Pigra, a quiet, delightful village offering nice hikes in unspoilt nature.
Opening hours: from September to June 6.40 a.m.-11.30 a.m.//2 p.m.-4.30 p.m., from June to September 8.30 a.m-12 p.m.//2 p.m-5 p.m.
Visit www.comune.pigra.co.it for more information
- If you want to test yourself you can try with hang gliding and paragliding: if you want to dominate the sky, you are in the right place. In Sorico and Gera Lario, there are two flying schools where you can also experience a tandem flight with an instructor.
Visit www.lakecomo.it for more information
- Do you want try the flying trhill? In Como, there are different types of flights, and at Christmas time there also flights for children. Visit www.aeroclubcomo.com/Menu2/Volareinidrovolante/Inidrovolantecomepasseggeri/tabid/190/language/en-US/Default.aspx for more information.
- Go by car up to Montalto, community of Montemezzo village, situated above Sorico, and enjoy the breathtaking views.